Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Garden Update

The garden is growing and we have already treated ourselves to some of its homegrown goodness!
Here is a flower, which is very pretty, that will sprout out a piece of squash.
Did you ever know that was how it was grown?
Well if you did, you knew more about squash than me.
Cute little bell pepper!
The broccoli.
and let me tell you, I have never had fresh, homegrown broccoli and I never knew what I was missing.  But let me fill you in on something, this was by far the BEST broccoli I have ever had!  I steamed it, then ate it and it was so good. 
There was no need for salt, butter or even cheese!
Try it, you won't want to go back!
Tomato, which is one of my absolute favorite veggies or fruit, depending which side of the debate you are on.  
The debate where a tomato is technically a fruit, but I like to consider it one of my daily dose of veggies.

Well what do we have here?
Knock it off!
There is no hanky panky going on in the garden!!
and last but not least, some vibrant green leafy lettuce.
We picked this and made a nice salad to go with our broccoli!
I can't wait for some more stuff to bloom or grow, problem is some of it is underground.  But I will keep you posted, I know you are waiting on the edge of your seat!


No comments:

Post a Comment